Did you know a whopping 70% of workers admit they get distracted at work, whilst 16% say they’re always distracted? It’s a no brainer that work productivity is a key ingredient for any business to be successful. But what you might not know is how to increase productivity at work.

By boosting your business’ work productivity levels, especially in fast-paced environments, you can get the results you want with less time and effort. But how do you find the right balance between time and effort?

To help you, your business, and your employees increase productivity at work, we’ve put together a few top tips.

Try Pareto’s 80/20 principle

According to Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, 80% of results come from 20% of the efforts. And this can easily be applied to ways to increase productivity at work.

As a way to maximise efficiency, productive people identify the most important 20% of their work and focus their efforts on those. For the other 80% of tasks, they look at how they can reduce time spent on these to put their efforts into the most impactful work. So, how to do it?

  1. Look where you’re spending time

Identify exactly what you’re spending time on each hour. Really drill down into what your time is spent on and from there you can group different tasks together.

  1. Get the 20% done first

If 20% effort means 80% results, you’ll want to make the most of that 20%. So, try and get it boxed off at the start of your day.

  1. Don’t spend too much time on the 80%

Although that 80% is reserved for those all-important tasks, it’s vital to get through them as efficiently as possible as they may only lead to minimal results.

So, how can you improve work productivity with Cymphony?

At Cymphony, we have the tools, people, and expertise to help you increase productivity at work. We provide outsourced customer services to help business owners free up their own time as well as their employees’, so they can focus on the more important tasks at hand.

4 ways to improve business productivity

Along with Cymphony’s outsourced customer services, there are a few other ways to boost work productivity.

  1. No more multitasking

You might think doing multiple things at once means you’re being more productive. But research has found multitasking can take up to 40% of a person’s time. Why? Your concentration being split between too many tasks. The solution: identify your tasks, allocate your time, and get through everything one by one.

  1. Make note of distractions

Staying productive at work can be tricky with so many distractions around, like social media, emails, and little tasks. We suggest a ‘distraction list’. Have your list on hand when working, and whenever a distracting thought pops up, write it down, and put your list to one side. Why does it work? Distractions need attention. So no attention, means no distraction.

  1. Manage your energy

Being highly productive doesn’t just depend on time, it depends on energy too. That’s why it’s important to allocate the big, difficult tasks to a time in your day when you’re at your most energetic, which is usually the morning. This way, results will be more impactful, and you tackle more in less time.

  1. Plan, plan, plan.

Whether you plan ahead daily, weekly, or monthly, you can become much more productive at work. With a plan of action, you’ll feel more in control, spend less time fretting over outcomes, and have a better hold on meetings and commitments.

Start increasing your business’ work productivity with Cymphony

As well as following the tips above, you can improve your business’ productivity with our outsourced customer services, designed to help businesses save time.

Get in touch with our experts today to find out more.

Contact Cymphony for help with your business

Enquiry Type